To the editor:

While the article on the ATV ban was well written, the campus voice question missed the point. ATVs are not being banned due to "pollution" in a general sense. They are being banned from certain areas because they cause severe damage to vegetation and archeological sites. "Pollution" suggests air pollution.

Priscilla Baker

Ecology graduate student

To the editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

There is much to be said about Ryan Chapman. Some is praise and some is only muttered under the breath, but he has turned much of this campus upside-down. He starts conversations, sure, but how do you allow him to do it by sacrificing the journalistic integrity of the Collegian at large?

His articles about politics, as mentioned many times, are free of facts and are written as though a group of Republican monkeys were put in a room to come up with the most inane comments they can come up with on life. Because of this, the focus is taken off the topic at hand and put on him and his skewed view on life.

Meanwhile, his articles that he writes on his off days seem to be nothing more than a clever ploy to make girls realize that he's a tough guy because he got "four staples in his head," and he does competitive weight lifting. At least these articles are based on fact, we think, so that's a start.

I'm not trying to insult Chapman, but am rather trying to save him from further problems. The next time he says, "I don't have much to talk about," please tell him "Don't talk," and have someone with some experience in technical journalism write an article in his absence.

Paul Sitzman

Freshman

Open-option major