Authors: Chris Gerken

The Colorado Eagles have confidence on their side entering Game 3 of the President's Cup Finals because, regardless of what happens, they will have at least one more game in Colorado.

The Eagles play Game 3 Monday against the Laredo Bucks in Texas, having outscored the Bucks 6-2 at home to go up 2-0 on the best of seven series.

"At the very worst, we come back to Colorado for a Game 6," said Phil Crowe, director of player personnel.

The Laredo Entertainment Center, built just three years ago, can hold nearly 10,000 people for Bucks games. All three games in Laredo are expected to be sold out, which will make Colorado's challenge of taking the President's Cup in Laredo a difficult task.

Like the Eagles, Laredo is undefeated at home this playoff year and will be relying on the play of both David Guerrera and Jeremy Symington, who alternate goaltending duties, to be sharp at home.

Colorado enters Game 3 with a lot of offensive might, having three of the top-five point scorers in the playoffs as well as the highest goal scorer in Greg Pankewicz. Goalie Tyler Weiman will need to be sharp for the three away games, as he as struggled to keep goals out of the net in away games this year. It's very likely that backup Paulo Colaiacovo, who made an impressive playoff start against the Wichita Thunder, will start at least one of the games.

Game 3 starts Monday night at 6 p.m. and can be heard in 99.9 FM or seen on www.CHLtv.com.