Authors: Jim Lawn

The CSU women's golf team finished its season with a third-place finish at the Mountain West Conference Championship in Sunriver, Ore.

The Rams fired off a three-round 907 (+55). UNLV won the championship, shooting at 898 (+46).

In her final appearance playing in the green and gold, senior Kristen Campos led the Rams with a three-day total of 220 (+7), finishing in third place, six strokes behind individual winner Elena Kurokawa of UNLV. Trisha Quick finished tied for eighth place, shooting a 227 (+14). Chelsea Benton and Lynette Duran each shot a 231 (+18) and finished tied for 12th. Margaret Garehime rounded out the Rams scoring with a 239 (+26), finishing in 22nd place.

In Provo, Utah, the CSU men's golf team also finished a strong third in the 20-team field at the Ping Golf Cougar Classic at Riverside Country. The team ended the tourney with an 829, just nine shots off from Fresno State's first-place finish.

In the individual rankings, CSU senior John Hayes finished his last tourney in winning fashion. Shooting an 11-under 205, Hayes tied for fifth and was just three shots off the tournaments champion, Mark Modglin of Fresno State.

CSU's Kevin McAlpine carded a nine-under 207 to finish in a tie for eighth in the event. CSU was one of only three teams to place two individuals in the top 10 for the tournament. Derrick Whiting shot a final-round 67 en route to a three-round total of 209 while Aaron Weston and Nate Pettitt rounded out the CSU scoring with a 212 and 215, respectively.

CSU will play again Thursday through Saturday when they compete in the Mountain West Conference Championships in Sunriver.