Authors: Jon Pilsner

Yeah, it's the middle of April. Yeah, football season doesn't start for another couple of months.

But, for those impatient types, the future of CSU football will be on display Saturday.

The Green and Gold game, an annual end to spring practices, will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Rocky Mountain High School's French Field. The school, located at the corner of Swallow and Shields streets, is hosting the game because of ongoing construction to Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium.

Head coach Sonny Lubick and his coaching staff split the team after meeting on Thursday. Senior quarterback Justin Holland, junior wide receiver David Anderson and sophomore running back Kyle Bell highlight the members of the Gold offense. Sophomore quarterback Caleb Hanie will lead the green squad, along with senior running back Jimmy Green, offensive linemen senior Albert Bimper and junior Clint Oldenburg.

The CSU spirit committee is sponsoring a pancake breakfast before the game, starting at 8:30 a.m. at the southwest corner of French Field. Admission to both the game and the breakfast is free.

The Rams are also making waves in the NFL Draft, being held this weekend in New York City. Former CSU tight end and H-Back Joel Dreessen is expected to be drafted in the middle rounds, and former offensive lineman Erik Pears is a late-round hopeful. Defensive linemen Jonathan Simon and Patrick Goodpaster, along with place-kicker Jeff Babcock are also hopefuls.

Former Utah and Mountain West Conference Offensive Player of the Year quarterback Alex Smith will possibly be drafted first overall by the San Francisco 49ers.

The entire draft can be seen on ESPN and ESPN2.