Authors: Jim Lawn

The CSU women's golf team is poised to attack the Mountain West Conference Championships Thursday through Saturday at Sunriver, Ore.

The Meadows at the Sunriver resort is a championship par-71, 6,312-yard course. Eighteen holes will be played each day, with play starting at 9 a.m. UNLV won the tournament with a four-over 856, and the Rebels' own Sunny Oh was the overall winner, shooting a two-under 211.

In the past three MWC championships the Rams have placed third on two occasions and fifth once. As a freshman in 2002, Lynette Duran won the MWC Championships with an even score of 216, after rounds of 72, 70 and 74.

The CSU men's golf team will head to Provo, Utah, on Friday and Saturday to compete in the PING Cougar Classic. The tournament's first two rounds will be held on Friday, followed by the third and final round on Saturday.

The Rams have won the tournament the past three years. Last year, CSU fired a three-round 845 to win. Martin Laird was the top finisher for the Rams. Laird finished regulation play tied for first place only to place second in a sudden-death playoff. Laird shot a third-round 64 at the Cougar Classic, tying him for the best single round in school history.

On April 28-30 the Rams will begin play in the 2005 MWC Championship. The tournament will be played in Sunriver, Ore., on the par-72/7,568-yard Crosswater Course at Sunriver Resort. The tournament will include 54 holes of play with 18 holes being played each day.