Authors: Amanda Havekost

CSU track and field left the Sun Angel Classic in Arizona on Saturday with three titles, and five Rams made NCAA regional-qualifying marks.

Two women had personal best performances at the meet in Tempe, Ariz., held by Arizona State. Juniors Amanda Huddleston and Janay DeLoach outdid their top marks from the past in the triple jump and the 100 meters.

Huddleston was the weekend's triple jump champion and DeLoach placed sixth in the 100 and 10th in the long jump.

Senior standout Loree Smith took first in the hammer throw and regionally qualified for the discus with a fourth-place toss.

Senior Adam Trainor led the meet in the hammer throw and placed first ahead of second-place finisher junior Jace Rivera. Freshman Alex Godell finished 10th and out-threw his personal best throw by more than 18 feet.

A 15th-place finish by junior Paul Michel earned him a regional qualification in the 1500.

Junior Brett Melin ran a career-best time over the weekend, earning a ninth-place finish in the 800.

Rivera threw a career-best toss in the shot put to earn a 12th-place finish.

Also, in California, three CSU track and field team members traveled to Walnut to compete in the Mt. San Antonio College Relays on Friday.

Senior Mike Nicks broke his own record in the steeplechase and left with a seventh-place finish.

Junior Nicole Feest regionally qualified in the 10,000 and placed 21st.

The Rams will be back in action this weekend when they host the Glenn Morris Multi Meet and the Jack Christiansen Invite.