Authors: Scott Bondy

Basketball recruiting has come at CSU full force after head coach Dale Layer announced the third and final national letter of intent signee Thursday.

Ronnie Aguilar is a 6-foot, 11-inch, 245-pound center from Los Angeles, who will be making his way to Fort Collins. He averaged 13 points and nine rebounds per game.

Wednesday was the first day that prospective student-athletes could sign letters of intent, and Layer introduced CSU's previously announced recruits, incoming guards Chris Harris and Kyle Victoria.

"We've addressed a lot of our needs," Layer said. "We added a lot of depth and athleticism."

The addition of the guards will surely benefit the Rams, considering their guard play was inconsistent at times last season.

"Last year we were too outbalanced with our inside game," Layer said. "Next year will be a little different."

Harris is a 5-foot-11-inch guard from Sheridan, La. He averaged 12 points and eight assists his senior year while leading his team to the state championship.

Victoria is a 6-foot-3-inch, athletic guard with gaudy numbers. He averaged 29 points, six rebounds and five assists his senior year. He was chosen as regional player of the year and selected to a pair of all-star games.

Both guards will surely be looking to make an impact and get some playing time, while helping the Morris brothers, Michael and Sean, take care of the ball.

The three new signees are in addition to four players who signed back in November: Michael Harrison, C.J. Clark, Stephan Gilling and Corey Lewis.

Harrison, who stands at 6-feet-11-inches, along with Aguilar will help to fill the big-man void left by Stephen Verwers and Philip Thomasson, who decided to transfer following last season.