Authors: Nick Piburn

Since its 7-6 double overtime win over No. 3 Sonoma State, the No. CSU men's lacrosse team has allowed just two goals in two games.

After the big win on March 29, the Rams were able to get Colorado School of Mines team to make the 60-mile trek on April 1 to Fort Collins for the Rams' fourth home game of the year. The home crowd was not disappointed, as the Rams jumped ahead fast and didn't look back, destroying the Orediggers 19-1.

"I was grateful that they (Mines) were willing to come up here and give us a precious home game, with so few teams out there traveling to Fort Collins these days," wrote head coach Flip Naumburg on csulacrosse.com.

Luckily for the Rams, though, they were able to get three consecutive home games as Utah State made the treacherous drive from Logan, Utah, Saturday with a brutal spring snowstorm bearing down on the Front Range.

Unfortunately for the Aggies, the game was lopsided in favor of the Rams. The men led 10-1 at halftime and continued the domination over the Rocky Mountain Lacrosse Conference foe, winning 17-1. Nevertheless, Naumburg wasn't very pleased with the Rams' effort in the first half.

"We were terrible (in my opinion) in the first half," Naumburg wrote on csulacrosse.com. "Some of 'us' were unmotivated and or unthinking even well beyond the half."

The Rams next game is a highly anticipated matchup of No.1 vs. No.7, as CSU faces Colorado at 7 p.m. at Shea Stadium in Highlands Ranch on Saturday. The game is the regular-season finale for the Rams, as the RMLC playoffs are April 28-29 in Greeley.

Not to be outdone, the women's lacrosse team has been dominating as well, going 3-1 over its last four games, with all three wins coming against Rocky Mountain Women's Lacrosse League teams.

The Rams traveled to Utah April 2 to make up games with Utah and Brigham Young. CSU made the trip enjoyable by winning both.

In a big game with nationally ranked BYU, the Rams offense proved to be the difference in a huge 18-15 victory. Later in the day, the Rams showed they were not going to let the Utes sneak in and steal one, demolishing Utah 19-2.

The women then traveled to Colorado Springs to play nationally ranked Division III Colorado College. The game was also an offensive battle, but this time the Rams fell short 18-14.

Looking to rebound from a tough loss to CC, the women needed no reason to be focused as they faced off with Colorado Wednesday in the "Battle of the Rockies" in Boulder. This game was a little more defensive-minded than the previous three, but CSU was offensive enough to top the Buffaloes 12-7 and clinch the top seed for the RMWLL tournament April 23 in Greeley. The tournament winner will automatically clinch a spot at nationals.

"We're at the point in the peak of our season right now, and it's all coming together," said team president Jen Gunlikson. "We really want to go to nationals and show everybody what we're made of."

The women will travel to Greeley toady at 7 p.m. to play Northern Colorado in their final regular-season game.