Authors: Jon Pilsner

After two players announced plans to transfer this off-season, the CSU men's basketball team added two new players Wednesday after they signed national letters of intent to play at CSU.

Chris Harris, a 5-foot 11-inch guard from Meridian, Miss. and Kyle Victoria, a 6-foot 3-inch guard from Elton, La., both have sent their letters to CSU, according to a statement released by the CSU athletic department.

Harris, who averaged 12 points and eight assists per game while at Meridian High School, led his team to the Class 5A state championship game last season. He was honored as an all-state and all-conference selection this past season.

"Chris is an excellent player who is a great competitor," said CSU head coach Dale Layer in the release. "He has a point guard's mentality. He gets the team into the offense and works to set up his teammates for open shots. He's going to be a valuable asset to our program."

Harris will help fill the point guard position, which was left void this past season after sophomore Dwight Boatner transferred from CSU in January.

Victoria averaged 29 points, six rebounds and five assists per game while at Elton High School. He was invited to play in the Texas-Louisiana All-Star Game, as well as the Louisiana All-State Game. He was also chosen as the regional player of the year.

"Kyle is a very skilled player who will fit in well in our system," Layer said in the release. "He had a great senior season, and we're anxious to have him as part of our program."

The two signings join four other players who signed with CSU before this past season. Michael Harrison, C.J. Clark, Stephan Gilling and Corey Lewis all signed letters of intent in November.