After a sub-par outing last weekend versus conference foe UNLV, the women's softball team (23-13, 2-2 in Mountain West) will be looking to bounce back Saturday.

The New Mexico Lobos bring their 13-18 record (3-1 in the MWC) to Fort Collins for a doubleheader.

The Rams started conference play with a bang, sweeping San Diego State, but they regressed against UNLV with two losses, one by a score of 10-0.

New Mexico started off conference play by splitting with UNLV – 10-4 in game one and 6-3 in second. On Sunday, the Lobos followed CSU's example by sweeping San Diego State, 2-1 and 4-1, respectively.

New Mexico's record may look deceiving with only 13 wins. With games against some of the top teams in the nation – including No. 16 Oregon State, No. 15 Texas, No. 19 Nebraska and Texas A& M – the Lobos certainly have big-game experience.

The Lobos are led offensively by juniors Cassie Chavez and Kristi Schmallen. Chavez is batting .290 from the plate with 18 RBIs and three home runs so far this season and has also stolen three bases. Schmallen hits a team-leading .355, with two home runs, and a .474 slugging percentage.

The Rams boast second-year pitcher Jessica Strickland. She is hitting .427 from the plate with 29 RBIs and three home runs in 103 at bats. On the mound, she is 9-5 with one save on the year.

Strickland has had plenty of offensive help. Sophomore Brittany Huerta is showing that her first-year stats were no fluke. In 2005 she is hitting .377, good for second on the team.

The Rams are hitting .315 as a team from the plate after one weekend of conference play, while the Lobos are at the bottom of the conference, hitting only .246. From the pitching rubber, the Lobos again place at the bottom of the ladder with a 3.55 ERA while CSU isn't much ahead of with 2.50 earned run average.

First pitch is set for 1 p.m.