Authors: Jim Lawn

The CSU women's golf team is set to wrap up its final spring tournament this week. The Rams are heading to Georgetown, Utah, to compete in the Brigham Young University Dixie Classic today and Tuesday. The team is coming off an impressive fourth-place finish at the Mountain View Collegiate in Tucson, Ariz.

At the Mountain View Collegiate, Trisha Quick fired a first-round score of 70, which was her personal season best and second best in her career. She was also able to regain the leading spot as the Rams' scoring-average leader at the tournament. Rams seniors Quick and Kristen Campos have been battling for scoring-average leader. This week's final tournament will decide who will take the scoring-average title for the season.

The four Rams seniors have competed at the BYU Dixie Classic each of the last three years. In 2002, the team tied for eighth place with a 926 (+62). Lynette Duran led the team with a 13th-place tie with a 228 (+12). In 2003, the team fired a 938 (+74) to finish in 13th place. Duran again led the Rams with a 231 (+15), tied for 24th place. In 2004, the Rams finished in 5th with a 929 (+65). Quick and Duran tied for 22nd with scores of 232 (+16).

After the Dixie Classic, the Rams will look ahead to the Mountain West Conference Championships, slated for April 21-23 in Sunriver, Ore.