Authors: Ryan Skeels

Wow, wow and WOW! Those are pretty much the only three words that come to mind since walking out of "Sin City." It is quite possibly the fastest two and a half hour movie in existence that I've seen. If you've feasted your eyes on the preview for this one, then you probably already have noticed the graphically enhanced and artsy-style of the movie, but here's a few more reasons why you should see it, regardless of the amazing previews.

Mickey Rourke's character Marv puts it best, "There is no settling down! This is blood for blood and by the gallons. This is the old days, the bad days, and the all or nothing days. They're back!" And it's true, this is the most gory and bloodiest movie to release since the "Dawn of the Dead" remake and that still doesn't come close to matching up. The only thing that saved this one from receiving the NC-17 rating was its black-and-white comic book style. Based closely to the film-noir detective genre of the old 1940's flicks the scenery was made to feel as if you're actually watching a comic come to life.

"Sin City" is a collection of three insanely interconnecting stories based on the graphic novels written and drawn by Frank Miller. You may be familiar with Miller's stuff if you were ever a fan of Batman comics or the "Robo-Cop" trilogy. The movie follows three characters, each with their own brutal problems and even more intensely brutal solutions. First there is Bruce Willis' character Hardigan, a nearly retired cop who's put in the slammer for a crime he didn't commit. Then there's Marv, a tough-as-nails street fighter savagely seeking revenge for a hooker named Blondie killed by his side in his sleep. The other storyline is the most spectacular; an ex-photographer named Dwight, played by Clive Owen, who accidentally killed a hero cop and is on a life or death mission to pull off the cover-up.

Not only does this flick of all flicks have the cast of all casts, but it's also got a scene directed by the incredible Quentin Tarantino, and there is no doubt you will know which part belongs to him. It's impossible to justify this masterpiece in any number of words. Brutal, bloody, ghastly, incredible, intensely original, satisfying, mind boggling, eye-popping and far too short are a couple that come to mind. Whether you're a comic book geek or not, "Sin City" will not fail to blow you away.

4 out of 4 rams.