Authors: Jim Lawn

The CSU women's golf team took third place in the California-Irvine Anteater Invitational with a third-round 307 on Wednesday. The Rams finished the tournament with a total score of 924.

CSU senior Kristen Campos led the Rams with a 12-over 228 after shooting a one-over 73 in Wednesday's final round. Campos' score was good for a sixth-place overall finish in the tournament.

Freshman Chelsea Benton carded a three-round total of 229, placing in a tie for seventh in the event, while Trisha Quick tied for 12th overall with a 232. Lynette Duran and Megan Chapman rounded out CSU's scoring with a 236 and 253, respectively.

UC-Irvine won the tournament with a 905 while Boise State's Ashley Hogg carded a 216 to claim top honors in the two-day event.

The CSU men's golf team finished in sixth place at the Pioneer Classic in Goodyear, Ariz., on Wednesday. The team finished the event with a six-over 294 in the third round to post a final score of 866 for the event.

Sophomore Derrick Whiting and senior John Hayes fired the team's best scores on Wednesday with a pair of 73s. Whiting finished the tournament with a two-over 218, good enough for a tie for 31st. John Hayes had a three-over 219 and came in tied for 35th in the overall rankings.

Sophomore Aaron Weston finished with a 219 and freshman Praneeth Perera carded a 221, while Rams junior Kevin McAlpine finished with a one-over 217 for the tournament, placing him in a tie for 26th overall after a third-round 74 on Wednesday. Junior Nate Pettitt carded a three-round total of 216 for the team's best individual score of 21st place.

Wichita State shot a final day 272 to remain in first place with a three-round total of 821. Wichita State's Judd Easterling fired a 195 for the event to claim individual honors.

The men will be in action again March 28-29 when they compete in the Western Intercollegiate in San Jose, Calif. The women's team will compete next on March 26-27 in the Mountain View Intercollegiate in Tucson, Ariz.