Authors: Jon Pilsner

A little less than two months ago, CSU football coach Sonny Lubick lost his wide receivers coach and son to the Mississippi coaching staff.

But there will still be two Lubicks coaching at CSU this upcoming season.

Sonny Lubick named his youngest son, Marc Lubick, as the new wide receivers coach, filling out his staff and the void that was left by Matt Lubick's departure in January.

"I feel great. He'll do a great job," Sonny Lubick said about the addition of Marc to the staff. "We're very excited to have the youth and energy that Marc brings to the staff."

Marc Lubick, who spent the past two years as a scout with the National Football League's St. Louis Rams, said he was excited about helping CSU.

"It's just a tremendous opportunity for me," Marc Lubick said. "I'm proud and passionate about CSU football."

Marc said he also was excited about working with senior-to-be receiver David Anderson, a finalist for the Biletnikoff award – given to the nation's best wide receiver – this past season.

"Dave is a great kid," Marc Lubick said. "I'm thrilled with the opportunity to work with him this season."

Marc Lubick worked with the defensive backs and participated in defensive meetings while with St. Louis. He said he wanted to bring the work ethic and mindset of an NFL team to CSU.

"I've been working with the highest level of competition," Marc Lubick said. "I hope to bring some of that experience here to Colorado State."

Prior to the job with St. Louis, Marc Lubick worked as a student and graduate assistant at CSU, helping coach defensive backs in 2000-01 and wide receivers in 2001-02. He graduated from CSU in 2001 with a bachelor's degree in health and exercise science after playing football at Montana State from 1997-99.

Sonny Lubick said he thought bringing his son on would be a good move for the program.

"He'll really help out a lot," Sonny Lubick said. "He gave up a lot to come here."