To the editor:

Gimme a break! The number and frequency of grammatical and spelling errors in the Collegian as of late is truly astonishing. I've been noticing them all semester, but here's just a sample from Wednesday's edition:

Front-page photo caption: "next years season" should be "next year's season" (ownership.) Editorial page: "Conseco" should be "Canseco" (that's Jose's name) and also on the Editorial page: "Castoration" should be "Castration" ("castoration" is not a word, try spell check.)

We already have the most pathetic athletic department and alumni association in the country; let's not let our newspaper fall to the same depths.

Michael Watson

Junior

Sports Medicine 

To the editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

I saw your editorial about that professor at the University of Colorado — Boulder. You guys called him a moron or something. The guy is fighting against your occupation of, not Iraq, but the land that you're on right now!

You people came in here and took over the whole land. (You took over the whole world, really.) You took our land and brought over enslaved blacks, too.

The entire foundation of this country's economic might is illegitimate. Your ancestors stole vital fundamental economic inputs from other people, namely labor from Africans and land from Indians, to build what you people benefit from today.

This guy is trying to rectify that despicable injustice that you people will continue to deny until you are removed from power. What's so moronic about that?

Filemon Rael

Mechanical engineering major

To the editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

I am writing in reference to last Saturday's Islamic Cultural Night at the Lory Student Center Ballroom. I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to the Muslim Student Association and Associated Students CSU, among other sponsors, for putting on an incredible event.

As someone unfamiliar with Islam, I found the atmosphere informative and inviting. In a world where one's differences and disagreements are emphasized, this event was a refreshing demonstration of respect, and what it means to belong to a community — a global community.

In addition to fabulous food and conversation, a special guest, comedian Azhar Usman, highlighted the event. Mr. Usman was able to address, through humor, many of the tensions and anxieties present in our lives. His message of peace and mutual understanding was received with overwhelming applause from the more than 500 guests attending. For those of you who were not present, I would highly recommend attending next year's event. Thanks again for a wonderful evening!

Kaitlin Guidarelli

Junior Spanish major