Authors: Amanda Grace Havekost

Robert Shine Invitational Results:

Men Points Women Points

1) Colorado State 116 1) Colorado State 131

2) Air Force 100 2) Wyoming 98.5

3) Wyoming 95 3) Air Force 60.5

The CSU men's and women's track and field teams walked away from the War Memorial Fieldhouse Robert Shine Invitational Saturday victorious over Wyoming and Air Force.

The men claimed a win with 116 total points. The women won with 131 total points, more than doubling Air Force's results.

Three members of the CSU teams left Saturday with souvenirs, with senior Loree Smith, sophomore Magnus Lohse and junior Becky Hammitt each earning field house records all their own.

Smith broke her own CSU and Mountain West Conference record for the second week in a row in the weight throw with a toss recorded at 71-2 1/2. She made Wyoming's Robin Lyons' former fieldhouse record of 70-11 1/4 obsolete.

"I'm definitely excited about moving up every week," Smith said. "I feel my technique gets a little cleaner every week."

The CSU school record for men's shot put fell with Lohse's toss of 65-8.75. With that throw, Lohse broke four-time World Champion John Godina's 1994 fieldhouse record and made the NCAA qualifying mark.

Junior Becky Hammitt not only won the 800 meters running 2:14.60 but also broke a 1993 fieldhouse record set by Deby Anderson from Wyoming.

"It felt great because it's not an easy place to run and I had my eye on that record for a while," Hammitt said.

The CSU teams earned first-place finishes in 18 out of 28 events Saturday.

Sophomore Janay DeLoach placed first in two events. Her 19-3 3/4 jump in the long jump beat out the rest. With a time of 6.97 in the 55 meters, DeLoach just missed the NCAA provisional qualifying time by .01.

"I feel really good about placing first and with practice I might be able to qualify," DeLoach said.

One of last week's repeat record-breakers, junior Amanda Huddleston, placed first in the triple jump at 40-9 3/4, and placed second while she one-upped her own school record leap last week in the long jump of 40-4 3/4.

Senior Michelle Carman and freshman Heather Loseke claimed first and second in the mile.

Sophomores Katie Lloyd and Megan Fox also made their mark Saturday. Lloyd tied for second in the 55-meter hurdles clocking in at 8.26, and Fox won the 200-meter with a time of 25.86.

The Rams women claimed the top three spots in the 3000 meters and the high jump. Freshmen Kirsten Anthony ran a 10:58.14. Freshmen Anne McLaughlin won the high jump after clearing 5-5.

The Rams men also swept the top three spots in the 3000 meters, with freshman Paul Hamilton winning in 9:15.10.

Senior John Woods took first in the 55 meters with a NCAA provisional qualifying time of 6.28. Freshman Drew Morano ran 6.39 to place second behind Woods.

Senior Adam Trainor provisionally qualified for the NCAA Championship in the weight throw with a second-place toss of 65-7.

Sophomore Rob Watson won the mile in 4:26.34. Junior Mike Horton won the 55-meter hurdles with a time of 7.52.

Junior Brett Melin won the 800 meters with a time of 1:56.27. Sophomore Rodnee Pope was first in the 200 meters with a clocking of 22.43.

The Rams look to continue their winning streak at the Air Force Quadrangular on Saturday.

STAR OF THE BOX: Becky Hammitt 800 meters