Authors: Joelle Milholm

CSU's school records in the women's weight throw and triple jump fell this weekend at the Air Force Invitational, as senior Loree Smith and junior Amanda Huddleston etched their names into the record books.

Both the men's and women's teams won their respective meets. The women beat out 11 teams, including Mountain West Conference opponents Wyoming, New Mexico and UNLV. The men beat nine other teams, including Wyoming, New Mexico and Colorado.

Smith broke her own record of 70-5 in the weight throw with a throw of 70-8 that also won the event. Smith earned another victory in the shot put with an NCAA provisional qualifying toss of 51-11 3/4.

Huddleston broke Missy Hanlen's 1991 record of 39-7 3/4 in the long jump when she soared 40-4 3/4 to win the event. The jump marked the first time in her indoor career that Huddleston broke the 40-foot milestone.

Sophomores Janay DeLoach and Danielle Korb and senior Michelle Carmen also pulled in victories for the Rams. DeLoach won the 60-meter, running it in 7.5 seconds, and took first in the long jump after leaping 19-5 1/4. Korb won the 1-mile event in 5:07.30 and Carmen took first in the 5,000-meter race in 18:41.25.

In men's events, senior Josh Glaab won the 5,000-meter with a provisional qualifying time of 14:53.64, which altitude adjusts to 14:13.13. Sophomore Magnus Lohse, who was named MWC Men's Athlete of the Week last week, won the shot put with a toss of 63-0 1/2. Senior John Woods took first place in the 60-meter with a time of 6.76 and Ciarre Campbell won the long jump after soaring 7.03 meters. Senior Jacob Benson was the top finisher in the won the high jump after clearing the bar at 6-8 3/4.

The Rams will be taking this week to prepare for the Robert Shine Invitational, hosted by Wyoming, on Saturday.