Authors: Ryan Skeels

Steven Soderbergh's 2001 remake of the 1960s Rat Pack film "Ocean's Eleven" was a really fun caper film with an all-star cast, filled with little substance and plenty of style. It was a great excuse for Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Matt Damon, Julia Roberts and the rest to romp around Vegas with smiles on their faces and money in their pockets. Now there's "Ocean's Twelve," filled with more smiles, more money, more people and more clever ways of stealing expensive things.

The owner of the Bellagio hotel, Terry Benedict, has tracked down the group of thieves and has threatened them with their lives if they don't repay him the original $160 million plus interest. If he doesn't get a check within the next two weeks the 11 better start looking for a better place to hide.

Soderbergh brings back the entire cast from "Ocean's Eleven" with Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Matt Damon, Julia Roberts, Casey Affleck, Bernie Mac, Don Cheadle and Andy Garcia. Bruce Willis even makes an appearance as himself in a ridiculous scene when Roberts' character Tess pretends to be Julia herself. While Clooney was the main squeeze of the first, Pitt happily takes his place in this installment, with the spotlight directed on him. The crew takes off to Europe in search of a series of heists to fulfill their obligation to Bennett. This is where the plan short-circuits and alternate ideas start getting passed around in a frantic attempt to pay off the man.

"Ocean's Twelve" is one of the most anticipated movies of the year, and deserves to be after the bundle of fun that was the first one. The thing that is bothersome about the movie is the way the plot runs. It seems that directors these days just show anything they want for two hours, and then when the movie is almost over, they just throw a twist. It's as if they're saying, "Yeah, well, what you just watched really didn't matter at all, this is what was really going on." There's no way to guess the hidden plot of the movie, because they never show you any part of it.

Aside from the annoying plot twist, "Ocean's Twelve" is good and keeps the entertainment level high throughout. Expect top-notch acting from everyone with Matt Damon taking the cake for most humorous. It may not be as fun as the first, but it is a good time throughout.

3 out of 4