Authors: Scott Bondy

After last year's loss to Montana State 82-75, the Rams (4-2) are ready for a payback.

"We've been building momentum," said senior forward Matt Williams. "They beat us last year out there and we hope to beat them this year at home."

The Rams are coming off a win versus Drake on Saturday and look to extend their 4-0 home winning streak.

Thanks in large part to an up-tempo style of play combined with only giving up two turnovers in the second half versus Drake, CSU looks like a more cohesive team.

The Rams defense also played strong last game, using a zone to stop the Drake pressure.

"We take what the other team gives us," said CSU head coach Dale Layer. "We'll probably play both defenses, see how each goes, and adjust as the game goes on."

The Montana State Bobcats (1-3) are coming off a tough loss to Wyoming, 71-70, after a buzzer-beater by Cowboys Alex Dunn.

The Bobcats are led by junior Marvin Moss, a 6-foot-6-inch forward who is averaging 11.5 points and grabbing 7.5 rebounds each game. Brandon Miller, a junior guard, also averages 11.5 points per game. Although the Bobcats average only 57 points per game compared to 77 averaged by the Rams, they have a strong ability to shoot the ball.

"(Montana State) shoots the ball extremely well," Layer said. "They have three or four guys that can hit the three from anywhere at any point. They are a good team."

The Rams' strong play of late can be partly attributed to Williams. He is averaging 14.2 points and 6.6 rebounds per game.

"I've been waiting for a breakout season since I got here," Williams said. "This year, I'm just focusing on being consistent and playing hard."

Another bright spot for the Rams is freshman Jason Smith. At 7-feet tall, Smith can post his man up or take his opponents off the dribble with his speed. Of the six games played this season, he has scored in double figures four times.

"We have the other big guys, but I can still be out there and play the outside because of my athleticism," Smith said. "It gives us more options on the floor."

Tonight's tip off is set for 7 p.m. at Moby Arena