Authors: Scott Bondy

After losing two games in a row, the Rams (3-2) look toward their match-up with Drake (1-2) to turn things around. CSU put forth an aggressive effort earlier this week against an athletic Southeastern Conference opponent in Auburn, taking them to overtime, but losing 79-76.

"It was a tough game," said junior guard Michael Morris. " We should've won, but we had some mental errors."

Drake is also coming off a two game skid with losses to in-state rivals Iowa and Iowa State.

The Rams faced the Drake Bulldogs last year in Des Moines, winning by a score of 76-69.

"They have pretty much the same team. We beat them at their place, and now they're coming to our house," Morris said.

This year the Bulldogs are led by sophomore center Aliou Keita, a 6-foot 8-inch import from Senegal. Keita is averaging 13.7 points per game along with 7.3 rebounds.

The game at Auburn should benefit CSU though. They were exposed to a big time team and now feel like they have the confidence to play anyone.

"We know we can deal with pressure and play 40 minutes of the game," Morris said. "But we still have to get better every day."

Turnovers may play a large role in Saturday's game as the Rams are averaging 17.2 per game while the Bulldog tally is 18.7.

A bright spot for the Rams comes from forward Matt Williams, as he leads the team in points (14.2), rebounds (6.6) and steals (1.0) per game.

After missing the Auburn game with a stomach virus, junior center Matt Nelson did not practice with the team on Thursday, and it is unknown whether he will play this weekend or not.

The Rams have won their last four home games and hope to continue the streak. Saturday's game at Moby Arena will tip off at 7 p.m.