Authors: Justin Shaw

The cross country teams both ended their seasons with a trip to nationals on Nov. 22 in Terre Haute, Ind. The women's team placed 26th and the men's team finished 29th. The Colorado Buffaloes won both the men's and women's overall national championships at the event.

Junior Danielle Korb led the CSU women's team with a finish of 76th overall with a time of 22:00. Junior Nicole Feest was the second Ram to cross with a time of 22:20 and a 110th-place finish. Sophomore Linnea Pudwill, seniors Michelle Carmen and Colleen Blair and sophomore Rebekah Yetzer rounded out the scoring for the ladies placing 119, 150, 180 and 203, respectively.

"Our whole team could've run better," Feest said. "We trained the same as last year, but we just didn't run to our potential for some reason."

Senior Mike Nicks was the first runner for the men's team to cross the finish line with a time of 31:48. Nicks finished in 26th place overall, which earned him All-American honors. Junior Josh Glaab finished 73rd overall with a time of 32:34 and was the only other Ram in the top 100. Senior Matt Pettit, juniors Matt Cianciulli and Paul Michel, and freshman Jeff Scull also contributed points with finishes of 131, 170, 174 and 182, respectively.

"I achieved my personal goal by getting All-American status," Nicks said. "However, I think both teams were tired since it was the end of the season and that we didn't run as well as we should have."

The meet ended what was a successful year for both teams. The teams were both in the top five in the Mountain West Conference and they hosted a regional meet in Fort Collins.