Authors: Jon Pilsner

CSU seniors Joel Dreessen and Erik Pears both were honored Monday as members of the first team All-Mountain West Conference team for the past football season. A panel of MWC coaches and media members voted for the team members.

Dreessen, a H-back who finished the season with 43 catches for 427 yards and three touchdowns, was voted the unanimous first-team tight end. For Pears, it was the second straight season he was voted on the first team as an offensive lineman.

Junior wide receiver David Anderson and senior defensive end Patrick Goodpaster were both named members of the second team All-MWC. Anderson led the Rams in receiving for a second straight year with 57 catches for 940 yards and two touchdowns. Goodpaster ended the season with 37 total tackles, 22 of which were for a loss. He also tallied two sacks.

Making the honorable mention list from CSU were senior punter/placekicker Jeff Babcock, junior center Albert Bimper, junior offensive lineman Mike Brisiel, senior safety Adam Lancisero and senior defensive tackle Jonathon Simon.

Utah quarterback Alex Smith was voted Offensive Player of the Year, while San Diego State linebacker Kirk Morrison and Utah safety Morgan Scalley shared the Defensive Player of the Year award. Utah's Urban Meyer was voted Coach of the Year for a second straight season.