Authors: By Ryan Skeels

It's Indiana Jones as Sherlock Homes in a "Mission Impossible" movie, only the main character is disguised as Nicholas Cage. At least that's the best way to describe Cage's character, Benjamin Franklin Gates, in his new movie, "National Treasure." Ever since his grandpa told a young Benjamin the story of the Knights of the Templar, and gave him the first clue to finding their long lost treasure, Ben's hopes and aspirations of laying his hands on it never dries up. The now adult Ben has finally figured out the meaning of that clue, and is hot on the heels of finding the "treasure of all treasures," deathly determined to discover the loot before he's beaten to it, arrested, or killed.

This is Cage's first action movie since "Windtalkers" and strays from the mentally unstable characters he's played in his two most recent roles in "Matchstick Men" and "Adaptation." His sidekicks in the treasure hunt are Diane Kruger, playing the beautifully smart Abigale Chase, and Dusty Bartha, as Riley Poole, who ends up being the third wheel comic relief for Cage and Kruger. Director Jon Turteltaub adds "National Treasure" to his belt of fun family flicks, along side "Cool Runnings" and the unstoppable delightfulness of "Three Ninjas."

The plot of "National Treasure" is more enjoyable than expected, especially for those who like the conspiracy-type movies, as this is all about the Free Mason society of which Andrew Jackson, George Washington and Benjamin Franklin were a part of. Although it does seem a little fast paced in parts, there isn't anything the writer left out, giving the audience a very complete, solid and nearly believable story.

The acting will please those looking for a semi-cheesy movie and disappoint those looking for a serious treasure hunting/action/mystery movie. Fortunately for those who aren't a fan of the cheesy Nick Cage, they left out most of the corny lines, hopefully leaving them in his past for good. For those yearning for more cheesy movies, there are a lot of corny parts via his extremely fast mystery solving skill, figuring out the most vague clues possible in a matter of seconds. The only really cheesy lines in the movie come out of the bad guy's mouths, causing a few sighs throughout the theatre.

"National Treasure" is a good movie to go see with an all-ages family, and will definitely keep you entertained throughout its entirety. It's one of those movies where you just have to buy your ticket and go along for the ride. Oh yeah, and opening weekend, it only made $1.8 million more than Spongebob.

2.5 out of 4 rams.