To the editor:

I wholeheartedly agree with the article by John Walsh on the inadequacy of CSU Parking Services in Tuesday's Collegian. Not only is the customer service in Green Hall "rude" at best but also the parking areas in general are inconvenient. We pay a hundred some-odd dollars and can only park in a certain lot, I think that the circles in front of residence hall dining centers should be open to all permits to allow students to park and eat if walking/biking is not chosen. Also, as a theatre kid and having daytime rehearsals, performances, etc., parking outside Johnson Hall is insane – 30 minute or 1-hour meters? Ridiculous – make them at least 3-hour meters. My final concern is the entrance to the Summit Hall lot. That dip is gigantic and almost always hits the bottom of my vehicle – and I am not the only resident with this complaint. Come on CSU Parking – improve!

Dani Glassett

Freshman, theatre and psychology major

To the editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

Contrary to Mr. Bleckley's opinion in Monday's Collegian, the Bible's teaching regarding homosexuality and sin is clear and supported by numerous verses. Ben referenced Leviticus 18:22 and 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. There's also Leviticus 20:13, "If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable …" and Romans 1:27, " … Men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion." The Bible clearly condemns homosexuality in these verses. Also, there's the Biblical teaching on fornication-having sex with someone you're not married to (this denounces premarital sex as well). Addressing fornication are Hebrews 13:4, 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Colossians 3:5-7, and Jesus, Himself, in Mark 7:21, "… Out of the hearts of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders …" The Bible demonstrates that marriage is designed for a man and a woman (Genesis 2:18-24, and any other verse about marriage in the Bible), and any sex outside of marriage is sin. Thus, homosexual relations are condemned. There is also the story of Sodom and Gomorrah in Genesis 19, which illustrates God's disapproval of homosexuality. Please don't label me a gay-hater. I'm not promoting homosexuality as a worse sin than any other, I'm simply addressing Ben's article. Every sin is despised by God equally, and the Bible clearly states that homosexuality is one of those sins. To espouse otherwise is simply denying the evident.

Joshua French

Graduate Student, statistics

To the editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

In response to John Walsh's column regarding parking services in the Collegian Tuesday, I can't emphasize enough that you and other students in the same situation can avoid parking tickets by simply reading the signs that are clearly posted in the lot. Take, for example, the area you were referring to – the "U" lot near Lory Faculty Housing. If you had actually paid attention and read the posted signs in the lot, you would have seen that there are three one-hour stalls and several 20-minute load zone stalls that everyone is entitled to park in, regardless of whether or not you have a "U" permit. Furthermore, if a sign is creating some confusion, it is only logical and in your best interest to park elsewhere to prevent the possibility of getting a ticket. So avoid getting your next parking ticket by paying attention, instead of pointing the finger at others for your misfortune.

Randall Scheinert, junior electrical engineering

To the editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

I would like something to be said about all the yellow ribbons in the Oval on Friday. I think that was so awesome. Students take for granted the freedoms that are being fought for by soldiers who risk their lives every day and are the same age as many of the students at CSU. My best friend will be leaving for Iraq at the beginning of December, and I am currently waiting to be told when I will be going. We are both students at CSU. We are disappointed that we have to leave the school and our friends and families so much, but there is not a shred of regret for joining the military in this time of war. I want to thank whoever put up those ribbons, and I hope to see more of the same in the near future.

Brian Budden

Sophomore physics major