Authors: Nick Piburn

Taking a game from Denver on Sunday 6-3 at DU, the Rams improved their record to 11-1-2 on the season. Six different Rams scored in the victory.

"We played well especially on the penalty kill," said CSU hockey President Jordan Stover. "We beat them in every aspect of the game."

Jason Vaughn led the Rams with two assists in the win.

Third period domination is becoming a common theme for the Ram Hockey team this year. After coming back against Weber State from three down to tie the game three weeks ago, the Rams again dominated the final period on Nov. 5 as they beat Southern California 4-2.

The game was very close through the first two periods, as the teams went into the third period tied at two.

"The game was pretty much back and forth the whole way," Stover said. "Neither team could really sustain any type of pressure."

As the final period began, the game took on a whole new existence.

"Both the intensity and the hitting really started to pick up in the third," Stover said.

The Rams were able to use it to their advantage though, as they scored the game-winning goal with about four minutes left in the game.

After the goal, the Rams took a couple of bad penalties including a five-minute major and a game misconduct for Stover's rough play.

The Rams were able to hold the lead after the penalties and even added an empty netter on a 6-on-3 situation to seal the victory.

"Although we won, our coaches grilled us for the penalties we took at the end of the game," Stover said.

The Rams carried over the confidence boost they received from the USC win to help them outplay Denver University at the Ikon Center in Cheyenne, Wyo., on Nov. 6. The Rams won the game 7-2.

The big match-up will come on Nov. 20-21 as the Rams face off against Colorado. The Rams, No. 1 in the Western Conference, will travel to Boulder to face No. 2 CU on Nov. 20. The teams will turn around and come back up to play in Fort Collins at the Edora Pool and Ice Center on Nov. 20.