Authors: Jon Pilsner

It's pretty easy to win when you always finish in first and second.

The CSU swimming and diving team pulled in their second win of the season Friday night, leaving behind the Colorado Buffaloes club team in the pool with a 156-81 victory at Moby Pool.

In swimming, the Rams finished every event with at least the top two fastest times, and divers Elyse Hall and Karin Kundson dominated diving events. Hall took first in 1-meter diving with a score of 252.82, and Kundson took the 3-meter with a score of 247.05.

Senior Shelly Aspevig said that the meet was a good opportunity to get some practice for swimmers who don't normally see action in competitive meets.

"We got a lot of the freshmen swimmers and walk-ons in," Aspevig said.

Freshman Rachel Hinze took first in both the 200-meter individual medley and the 100-free. Andy Newman also won tow events, taking the 1000-meter free and the 500-meter free.

CSU has had three matches so far. They placed first at the Early Bird invitational in Fort Collins, then took fourth at the Rice Invitational in Houston.

Aspevig said they expected to compete well even though they are a young team.

"We don't have the number of upperclassmen that we have in previous years," Aspevig said. "There are a lot of freshmen on the team this year, but I think we can rise to the occasion."

The Rams will now look ahead to their Nov. 20 meet on the road at UNLV. The Rams will also spend 10 days over Winter Break in Miami training.