Samantha Spady’s parents will appear on “Good Morning America”
this morning to talk about Spady’s life and the SAM Spady
Spady, a 19-year-old CSU sophomore, died Sept. 5 of acute
alcohol poisoning in a fraternity house near the CSU campus.
Rick and Patty Spady of Beatrice, Neb., will be featured guests
on the show airing at 7 a.m. on ABC, Channel 7.
SAM stands for Student Alcohol Management, according to the
foundation’s Web site, www.samspadyfoundation.com. The foundation
was formed to create a peer-to-peer alcohol awareness program that
can be incorporated into U.S. university orientations.
Funds sent to the Spady family following Samantha Spady’s death
are being used to jumpstart the foundation. It will continue to
raise money by selling prints of Samantha’s artwork.
The foundation will fund research, development and
implementation of SAM programs.