To the Editor;

While the reasons the riots occurred on Aug. 21 and Aug. 22 are absent, it is inappropriate to possibly blame Bush and the war in Iraq. What the public tends to forget is what was going on in Iraq before Bush declared war. People were being slaughtered and thrown in mass graves, and women and children were being raped and murdered. The Iraqi people were and are overjoyed that things are being put to an end and their country will be safer for their children. So, to counter Dalton Varvel’s speculations (in his letter to the editor in Wednesday’s Collegian), the “reckless, pointless and destructive behavior” that occurred in Fort Collins “pales in comparison to what reckless, pointless, and destructive behavior” WAS going on in Iraq before Bush rightfully decided to go to war. The Clinton administration had its opportunity to do something about the mass murdering Saddam Hussein was doing in Iraq, so if the problem is that Republicans took a stand instead of the Democrats, then that is the issue at hand. The issue isn’t war at all; it’s politics.

Andrea Matich

Senior Marketing/Merchandising

719-229-7253

To the Editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

Andrea Matich

Senior Marketing/Merchandising