File under Entertainment/Dish
1) Kick off the last weekend before the library becomes your
second home with a free, all-ages show by Drag the River at the
Aggie Theatre on Friday. This alt-country act will be beyond Fort
Collins soon, so get on the horse and ride.
2) Head down to Denver on Friday or Saturday and watch the famed
Parade of Lights. Check out www.denverparadeoflights.com for
details. The warm glow of millions of filaments has never been so
3) On your way back up to the Fort after the parade, stop in
Boulder and get attacked by the Acoustic Ninja at the Flatirons
Theater. Trace Bundy will be playing with the Restoration project.
Tix are six bucks and the show starts at 8 p.m.
4) For the cowboy in all of us, Michael Martin Murphy’s Cowboy
Christmas Concert rolls into town on Saturday. Tix are $22 and
available at the Lincoln Center Box Office. Nothing like “Jingle
Bells” with a little twang.
5) Cap the weekend off with a little bit more of Christmas
overload and go see the Larimer Chorale perform Handel’s Messiah.