Authors: Collegian sports staff

File under:sports/news

CSU Director of Athletics Mark Driscoll today announced an administrative staff plan that will assist the school in addressing the needs of its student-athletes, donors, alumni and fans as the Rams continue the program’s growth and success.

“We are in the midst of the most successful athletics period in school history,” Driscoll said. “As we move forward, it is imperative that we continue the growth and the excitement that surrounds the entire program. I am confident that the changes we have put in place will help our program continue to grow.”

The move is due to the departure of senior associate AD Neal Eskin, who left CSU this month to join former CSU and current Connecticut University AD Jeff Hathaway in Connecticut. Instead of replacing Eskin, Driscoll chose to alter the duties of current personnel to cover Eskin’s duties, including fund raising and marketing.

Driscoll said that Christine Susemihl and Gary Ozzello will become senior associate directors of athletics, and Doug Max will become an associate athletics director. They join current associates Phil Goldstein and Marsha Smeltzer to form the administrative staff under Driscoll.

Susemihl will become the senior associate for internal operations, while Ozzello will oversee external operations. Max will oversee operations and game management including the renovation and expansion of Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium.

Smeltzer is the department’s senior woman administrator and supervises student support services while Goldstein handles the department’s business operations.

“We are blessed to have an experienced and talent administrative staff,” Driscoll said. “This will allow us to take advantage of the skill and expertise that each of our administrative staff members bring to the program.”