Authors: Justin Goldman

Friday begins a handful of competitions for a few of the club sports teams. Men’s and women’s soccer, rugby and cycling all start their fall seasons with events this weekend.

The Colorado State Rugby team begins another run for the Collegiate National Championship this weekend as they face the University of Northern Colorado at Estes Park on Sept. 7 at 1 p.m., and a second match taking place at 2:30 p.m.

For those interested in still playing for the club Rugby team, team officials Kyle Fenton and Piotr Niemkiewicz said that anyone can still join, and no experience is necessary. Practices are held every Monday and Wednesday at 6 p.m., and Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:30 a.m. at the intramural fields next to the sand volleyball courts.

The men’s club soccer team begins its fall 2003 season on Saturday at 1 p.m. against Western State College. The home game and takes place on practice fields No. 4 through 6.

The women’s club soccer teams also kickoff its fall seasons this weekend. Women’s soccer consists of two separate teams this year, green and gold respectively. The women’s green soccer team has a pair of games Saturday afternoon, beginning at 1 p.m. against WSC and then immediately followed by CU-Boulder. Those games take place in Gunnison. The gold soccer team does not start its season until next weekend.

Finally, the CSU cycling team has a Fall Mountain Race, which takes place in Beaver Meadows, Colo., Sept. 5-7.

Assistant Club Sports Coordinators Sara Colorosa and Marie O’Dell said they have been extremely busy over the past week, setting up season schedules and promoting club sports events, including yesterday’s Centertainment on the Lory Student Center Plaza. For more information on club sports, students should contact the Student Recreation Center Service Desk at 491-6359.