ASCSU working hard for you

Authors: Jesse Lauchner

Welcome back to another exciting fall semester at CSU! The Associated Students of CSU is your student government and we have spent the entire summer working to make this a truly great year at CSU. Here are some important things to know about as you get going this week:

* In an effort to increase safety and decrease drunk driving, ASCSU is hosting a Ram Road Trip down to the CSU/CU game in Denver this Saturday. Busses will leave campus at noon on August 30 and return after the game. The cost of a ticket is $15, which includes the transportation to and from the game as well as a free T-shirt. Stop by ASCSU for more information. The ASCSU office is located in the Lory Student Center across from the Senate Chambers.

* The Ram Leadership Team is a group in ASCSU aimed at developing freshmen into leaders on campus. If you are interested in getting involved, fill out an application available on the ASCSU Web site (www.ascsu.colostate.edu) and submit it to the ASCSU office in the Lory Student Center by Sept. 8.

* Through your student fees, ASCSU pays for your bus pass to ride any Transfort bus in the city. This year the university is not printing activity cards, so you will need a Transfort bus pass to utilize the bus service. Please stop by Campus Information Services in the Lory Student Center with your student ID to obtain your bus pass for the 2003-2004 school year.

* The ASCSU Bookswap is now on-line and will begin running Wednesday on the ASCSU Web site. The Bookswap is a way for you to sell your textbooks to other students at the price you set, or purchase used textbooks at a reasonable price.

* The ASCSU Handbook/Planner has encountered a publication delay and will be distributed soon. As always, they will be free to all students.

* ASCSU will be debuting a new tradition called the “For-Ever-Green” at the Sept. 20 home football game against Miami of Ohio. Nearly 5,000 free T-shirts will be distributed to students at the game. We strongly encourage all students to wear green to show their Ram Pride!

* The Student Organization Registration/Orientation will be held on Sept. 11 in the Lory Student Center. This is the way for your organization to be officially recognized and also necessary to be eligible for funding through ASCSU. All student organizations that complete registration will get to use the Student Organizations Resource Room located in the lower level of the Student Center.

* ASCSU has been working all summer on developing a campus-wide safe ride program that we are calling “RamRide.” Look for more information in the coming months.

As you can tell, ASCSU has been busy developing programs and services to benefit students. If you have any questions or would like to get involved, stop by the ASCSU office or call 491-5931.