Jul 012003

Authors: J.J. Babb

The State of Colorado issued a Senate Joint Resolution honoring the intercollegiate athletics program at CSU.

The resolution recognizes the quality of CSU’s coaching, the achievements of its student-athletes and the competitiveness of its teams.

The resolution recognizes such accomplishments as:

– The CSU Rams football team played in a school record fourth consecutive bowl game in 2002.

– Under Head Coach Sonny Lubick, the Rams have played in seven bowl games and won six conference titles since 1993.

– CSU’s football team has played in more bowl games and has been featured in more nationally and regionally televised games than any other team in the Mountain West Conference.

– Ram’s Women’s Volleyball Coach Tom Hilbert has been named conference coach of the year for four consecutive years and has guided the team to eight straight NCAS Tournament appearances.

– During the last program year, at least one member of each of CSU’s 15 intercollegiate sport programs was named to an all-conference or all-tournament team.

– Approximately 85 percent of CSU’s student athletes who complete their athletic eligibility and remain enrolled at the institution obtain undergraduate degrees.

The resolution states, “That we, the members of the Sixty-fourth General Assembly, honor the hard work, dedication, skill and competitive spirit displayed by the student-athletes and coaches of the Colorado State University intercollegiate athletics program and congratulate them for their achievements.”