Authors: Eric Todd Patton

The pioneers of reality television, MTV, are looking for individuals to participate in an open casting call for The Real World season 14. The auditions will be held from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday at Jackson All-American Sports Grill in Lower Downtown Denver.

The casting team for MTV will be traveling to 12 cities including Chicago, Eugene, Ore., Atlanta, Syracuse, N.Y., and Virginia Beach, Va., looking for the next stars of their reality series. For the auditions in Denver, plan on arriving early to get in line and prepare to fill out a one-page application before the interviewing process begins.

There is very little commitment in the early stages of auditioning, but if you are eventually selected, you will be taking your fall semester off, being set up with a job and being whisked off to a currently undisclosed location. The filming normally takes five months and is set to begin next August.

The interview process will require you and 11 others to be interviewed together with one of the casting directors. The key here is to voice your opinions openly to the director and force them to remember your name. They are looking for “dynamic, outgoing and unique” individuals between the ages of 18 and 24.

The casting director, Jason Horowitz, is encouraging everyone to at least give the auditions a shot. So if you think you can provide MTV with some good, wholesome, reality style drama, head to Jackson’s in Lo-Do Tuesday for the auditions.