Authors: David Schneider

As the end of the year inches its way toward us, or is thrust upon you like so many professors like to do with making everything due at the same time, it becomes a time for reflection of the things you’ve done this year and the people you have met along the way.

I just would like to take this opportunity to thank some people who made this year so very… um… interesting.

Andrew Whelan: Probably the coolest boss to work for. A great writer, although certain members of ASCSU may disagree. You made the Collegian what was intended to be: a place where people enjoy working and learning.

Vince Adams: The man to thank (or blame) for me having a column.

Jon Ackerman: Knows more about sports than most people know anything.

Kyle Endres: The hardest working man on the news-editorial staff. You have an admirable commitment and dedication to journalism.

Kristen Holladay: The hardest working freshman designer on the night staff. You have a bright future ahead of you.

Remi Young: The hardest working freshman copy-editor/reporter. You have a bright future ahead of you as well.

Reilly Conway: It takes a lot of commitment to copy-edit pages and sleep on the plaza in protest of war.

Vera Feistel: One of the least acknowledged, but most valuable people at the paper. You have a great eye for detail.

Justin Oliver: Thanks for coming in that one Sunday.

Matt Bernhardt: The most entertaining member of the night staff. Your stories and jokes of the day eased the monotony of designing the paper every day. Plus your graphics are some of the best I’ve seen. Your talent will take you far.

Heather Stenson: Thanks for all your work copy-editing the paper.

Tina Van Rikxoord: Despite having so much experience, you are always willing to work to improve.

Aaron Sprecher: you will be leaving a long legacy of great photographs over the years and the Collegian definitely won’t be the same without you.

Chris Ortiz: A great reporter, but all those stories of Dave Bower are kind of disturbing.

Dustyn Connelley: A great editor and an awesome designer. Makes everyone in the newsroom have fun, even on those long days. Who’s going to give me a hard time next year when you’re gone?

Liz King: Why are you so violent? Two words: anger management.

ASCSU: Always good for a laugh. I really think next year will be better though, then you can make jokes about the Collegian.

Jeff Browne: Things are always clearer in hindsight. Thanks for all of the advice and working so hard to make the newspaper better day-in and day-out.

Melissa Mahosky: One of the only people who are in the newsroom later than me.

Dan Searle: Great graphics. The Collegian has been very colorful this semester thanks to all of your hard work.

J. J. Babb: Not tonight, I have a headache.

Josh Hardin: During your time at the Collegian, you gave good ideas and great leadership to those around you.

Ben Koerselman: Thanks to the man who gave me my start at the Collegian as a reporter and always gave me a chance to do something else for the paper that I have committed so much time, effort, blood, sweat and tears to.

Marc Holtzman: Thanks for not coming to CSU and making my degree worthless. Now you’re DU’s problem.

Governor Owens: Thanks for putting tons of money into tourism and taking away tons from higher education. I really appreciate the tuition hike; it’s just what I needed. I was wondering if I should get a third job to pay for school, now I know for sure.

President Bush: Thanks for the Patriot Act, ass.

The creators of the Coors Light commercials: Twins, pure genius.

Jodi Roth: Thanks for brightening my world and making me smile non-stop.

The readers of the Collegian: Good or bad we love all of your feedback. Thanks for picking up the paper everyday and reading our work. We work hard every day for you, to inform and to give you a voice, and that is what makes it all worthwhile.

All of these people have been a part of my past year at the Collegian, whether directly or indirectly. And I would like to thank them all. So thank you for making this year so eventful and entertaining.

This is David’s final column of the semester. Unfortunately, he is only a junior and will be returning to CSU for another year… or two. He will really miss sharing his insight with all of you, but can always be reached at nightdesk1@hotmail.com