CSU student missing

Authors: Patrick Crossland

Charles Cesen Winterscheid, a CSU sophomore geology major, has been reported missing by the Fort Collins Police Services. Winterscheid was last seen at the Arapahoe Basin ski resort in Summit County at approximately 5 p.m. on April 20, while he was skiing with friends.

“The group parted after skiing and Winterscheid has not been seen since. Winterscheid had taken outdoor gear with him and it is possible he decided to stay and camp in the area,” according to a FCPS press release.

According to his personal Web site, Winterscheid was an avid mountain-hiker and at one time had resided in Ram’s Village. He moved to Colorado towards the end of spring 1999 and enrolled at the Colorado Mountain College near Glenwood Springs before enrolling at CSU.

Summit County authorities have been notified to be on the lookout for the missing man and his vehicle.

“He’s just missing and we are trying to find him,” said Rita Davis, spokesperson for FCPS. There is no evidence of foul play, she said.

Winterscheid is 22 years old, 5’11” and 165 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. He drives a red 1997 Ford Ranger pickup with a matching red camper shell with Colorado license plate number 637GDW.

Anyone with information about Winterscheid’s whereabouts should contact FCPS Officer Heidi Nash at 970-221-6540.