To the Editor:

All the bitching about left-wing anti-war and right-wing pro-war talk needs to settle down. Most people are so uneducated about the issues.

I am a proud graduate of CSU and proud to be an American. Everybody is entitled to his or her own opinions and that is what makes our country so special. The war is over now. Let’s move on and focus on the things that are really going to impact our future. Such as Post-War Iraq and the economy. That still is important right?

Michael Fooshee

Dallas resident

To the Editor:

Uncategorized  Add comments

This is a response to the poorly thought out, and incoherent babble of Brian Zimpfer in his April 14 letter to the editor. Because this is a response to many of the things that he mentioned in his article, I am afraid that most of what I am about to write will reflect his banter.

For an individual who seems to love and celebrate diverse opinions, and promote our first amendment rights, you seem to think that this country would be “a better place” without certain people’s opinions. I find that pretty ironic. Maybe you ought to revise what you think, how you say what you think or both.

Zimpfer also said these actors should be commended for speaking their mind. I would tend to agree with him on this point. Most (notice I did not say all) of these actors live in a fantasy land, and their miraculous ability to form a coherent opinion outside of their fantasy land is truly commendable.

I agree with Zimpfer in saying that anti-war actors are uneducated shows “bias.” What an evil word bias is, especially in a world where everyone should be speaking their opinions. So, we should say that these actors are educated, because that wouldn’t be biased. That would be the truth!

But all sarcasm aside, a college degree, Mr. Zimpfer, does not mean that you are educated- hell it does not even mean that you are reasonably intelligent. I think educated or not, I disagree with any anti-war actors, politicians, hot dog vendors, professors or athletes.

I am a very well-educated individual and I support the war. I majored in both political science and economics, and received an “A” in every political science and economics class I have ever taken.

The point is there are smart and stupid people who support the war. If you are going to have an opinion, then make sure that it is well thought out before you open your mouth. Criticizing one’s educational level, grades or occupation is does not strengthen an argument.

Nate Den Bleyker

Political Science Graduate Student