Authors: Jason Kosena

Some students think CSU has the best schools in the entire nation and they are right, according to U.S. News and World Report.

In the annual rankings of America’s best university graduate schools, the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Science at CSU and the occupational therapy and vocational education programs were both ranked in the top ten in each of their fields.

“These rankings are a good sign that initiatives we’ve taken are getting good recognition (in many areas),” said Rick Ginsberg, director of the School of Education in the College of Applied Human Services at CSU.

The good rankings are a result of many different aspects of the school. The ability to attract high-level students and the accomplishments those students make in the program are a couple, according to Ginsberg.

This is not the first time the School of Education at CSU has been placed in the top ten annual rankings. In fact, this is the third year in a row it has happened.

“We’ve been in the top ten for three years in a row now, and we’ve been in the top 12 to 15 for at least the last six or seven years,” Ginsberg said.

The College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at CSU was also placed in the top ten rankings.

“You can’t measure by rankings alone, however. If you look at the high ratings of the (College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences) it makes us believe that we have one of the best programs anywhere,” said Tom Milligan, spokesperson for CSU.

The consistency of the program to achieve high marks every year in the veterinary field is a strong indicator that CSU has one of the best programs in the world, Milligan said.

“(CSU) is proud to be one of the best, if not the best, vet school in the world,” Milligan said.

But the rankings for both institutions at CSU should be taken as only as recognition of the quality of work done at CSU, not the level of success, Milligan said.

“(Here at CSU) all the colleges and departments measure success by how well we educate the students and by the research and services (CSU) provides to the state and nation,” Milligan said.

Nate Timmons, a junior English major at CSU likes the fact that the university is receiving such recognition.

“I love that CSU is recognized at such a national level like U.S. News and World Report,” Timmons said. “It is a good sign that the university is accomplishing a lot.”