Authors: the Collegian Editorial Board

CSU has decided to make it harder to get admitted to the university in an effort to help budget constraints. This is a good way to adjust to the shrinking budget because it is one of the methods that will have the least affect on students already attending CSU.

In an effort to cut admissions, the university will now require that transfer students get their math credits from other schools. They are also raising the amount of students needing an index score of 101 from 80 percent to 85 percent.

By making admissions standards higher, it makes our degrees worth that much more.

It’s a good idea to limit the students we are letting into the school. We have been stretched money-wise for a long time and it is getting more stretched. It is just a reflection of the times we are in.

There are a lot of other schools in Colorado that can grow more and take on the students that we can’t right now.

CSU is doing a great job with a really rough situation. These cuts are harsh and because of TABOR, CSU has never had the extra money lying around to really improve the school.

Which means, the school has always had a tight budget and it is even tighter now, but the school always seems to improve despite the adversary.

The people here work hard and do great work. It is doubtful that other schools in similar situations would do as well.

Melissa

Liz

Colleen

Shandra

Becky