Authors: Kyle Endres

After seven months as interim vice provost for undergraduate studies, Kevin Oltjenbruns has accepted the position on a full-time basis.

“Kevin has successfully met the challenges of this position and has gained the respect of her colleagues across campus,” said Peter Nicholls, provost/academic vice president, in a press release. “I am certain that Kevin will continue to work diligently as a proponent for student and curricular issues at CSU.”

Oltjenbruns’ responsibilities as vice provost for undergraduate studies will include supervising undergraduate course and curriculum matters, the all-University graduation requirements, admissions, the ROTC program and other university areas. She will continue to work as a professor in the department of human development and family studies and will continue to do research in grief and loss on a “limited basis,” she said.

Oltjenbruns has worked at CSU since 1974 and has held several different positions, many of them on an interim basis. She has worked as associate dean in the College of Applied Human Sciences, interim department head of manufacturing technology and construction management, interim department head of design and merchandising and interim director of Preview CSU.

“Her experience dealing with undergraduate student issues is extensive, enabling her to be a true advocate for the students of CSU,” Nicholls said in the press release.

She graduated from CSU with a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree and received her doctorate in educational and psychological studies from the University of Colorado.

“I appreciate the opportunity to continue in the (vice provost) role,” Oltjenbruns said. “I’m very excited and very honored. I’ve spent my career here advocating for students, so it’s wonderful to have this opportunity.”