Some Questions to Ponder

To the Editor:

I don’t know about you, but I’ve had a lot of questions lately about the state of affairs in this world, such as . . . If we have the greatest military intelligence in the world, how come we can’t find a 6-foot-5-inch kidney-diseased Saudi on horseback?

If the burden of proof rests with Saddam Hussein does that mean he’s guilty until proven innocent? Does Dick Cheney really exist? Is there any greater enemy to public education than the Republican Party?

Has anyone considered the possibility that George W’s near-death experience with a pretzel was a terrorist attack? Isn’t the Homeland Security Agency a perfect example of “Big Government”? If I’m “good with people” but have no experience in business or technology, does that mean I’m qualified to be the CEO of a major corporation like Microsoft?

If we are going after the countries that harbor terrorists, shouldn’t we be bombing Florida, where many of them lived and trained for years? Is it merely coincidence that George W. looks so much like a chimpanzee?

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck after the president’s proposed tax cut for the wealthy? Did we forget that Reaganomics doesn’t work?

Why is it so hard for people to accept that bad things happen to good people in Fort Collins?

If Marc Holtzman is a multi-millionaire fundraiser and can afford to work for a salary of $1 a year, why does he need to be president of CSU? If Marc Holtzman wants to help CSU, why doesn’t he just give us a few million dollars? Who died and made Bill Owens Emperor of Colorado?

And finally . . . if you could do one thing today to make the world a better place, what would that be?

Steven Church

Academic Adviser at the College of Liberal Arts.