Authors: Luke Cornish

After struggling to beat Division II Metro State on Wednesday night, CSU is preparing to take on 0-3 Stephen F. Austin at 2 p.m. Sunday.

This game will conclude the unprecedented stretch of six home games to start the season for the CSU Rams. The Rams will try and take every advantage they can to go into a tough road trip with a 5-1 record.

Stephen F. Austin is on the other side of the coin as it started the season with six consecutive away games.

The Stephen F. Austin Ladyjacks come to Fort Collins from Nacogdoches in east Texas. They face CSU after playing the Oklahoma Sooners Thursday night.

CSU has faced off just once before with the Ladyjacks, who demolished the Rams 71-48 to kick off the 1986-87 season.

The Rams will need their two starting seniors, Lisa Narkiewicz and Elizabeth English, to be 100 percent after both of them got injured in the first half of the game against Metro State. They only put in limited time in the second half.

English suffered a sprained ankle and Narkiewicz jammed her finger. Both should see action Sunday afternoon.

The SFA women’s basketball program has dominated the Southland Conference, winning 13 of the last 15 regular season titles, and 14 conference tournament titles.

Second-year head coach Lee Ann Riley has continued the tradition, taking her team to its 15th consecutive NCAA appearance last March.

The Ladyjacks are led on the court by 6-foot-3 senior forward Amy Collins. She is averaging 11.3 points, 7.0 rebounds and 3.0 blocks per game this season, and was recently named to the Hampton Inn Classic’s all-tournament team.

The game will be an opportunity for first-year CSU head coach, Chris Denker to show off the resiliency of his team, hoping to see if it is able to comeback from the mediocre performance Wednesday night. He wants to put away the Ladyjacks and give the Rams firm ground before starting their first road trip of the season.

CSU will appreciate the friendly atmosphere of Moby Arena before going off on an inevitably hostile road trip that starts off against in-state rival Colorado on Thursday.

The trip won’t get much better for the Rams. After a nine-day break they travel to Ann Arbor, Mich., to face the Michigan Wolverines. They then travel to play the Fighting Irish of Notre Dame.