Authors: Linda Mahan

To the Editor:

We have recently finished another election and the League of Women Voters of Larimer County would like to thank everyone who voted. Making democracy work depends upon all of us.

In an effort to promote voter education the League of Women Voters of Larimer County produced and distributed pamphlets explaining the ballot issues, presented speeches on the ballot issues, held a forum for statehouse candidates, cosponsored the College of Political Knowledge and the Old Fashioned Political Rally and provided eight additional voter registration locations in Fort Collins.

Our members volunteer their time for these projects and activities, however, many of our projects also require funding. We would like to thank The Book Rack, Book Lovers and Jade Creek Books in Fort Collins for carrying a calendar that we produced as a fundraiser. The calendar has large squares for each date and includes holidays, community events and contact numbers for events and activities. The suggested donation is $5 and the proceeds help fund our community education projects.

As a league we work throughout the year to influence public policy and encourage informed and active participation of citizens in government.

We welcome new members and we are not for women only. To find out more about the League of Women Voters call 416-5873 or visit our web site at www.fortnet.org/lwv.

Linda Mahan

League of Women Voters of Larimer County