Being courteous, look it up

Authors: Ruth Hamm

As I attend my daily classes at CSU, I find myself listening in on many personal conversations held by people on cell phones. My biology class is bombarded with the persistent ringing of cell phones at least two or three times every day, and when I am trying to be a diligent student and study in the library, the Mexican hat dance pierces the silence.

In the immortal words of Homer Simpson: “Urge to kill rising …” Are the students of CSU so terribly important that they feel compelled to take phone calls in the middle of class and even right now in the quiet computer lab where I am trying to write?

I do not know about the rest of you, but I do not pay $1,500- plus a semester to hear why some girl broke up with her boyfriend. There is, however, a solution. Take out your cell phone and look at the upper right hand corner.

There is a little button on most phones that allows one, if they are so inclined, to turn their phone to a silent mode. Wow, they think of everything, don’t they?

If you want to have a cell phone, that is fine, just do the rest of us a favor and conduct your oh-so-important cell phone business elsewhere. It is irritating and shows a complete lack of respect for those around you.

Ruth Hamm

Junior

Liberal Arts