Authors: Rebecca Lapole

Get dressed up and go crazy this Halloween! But where? The best party this year will be at Diamond’s.

Halloween festivities begin tonight with Kostume Karaoke. Dress as your favorite rock star, perform their song and get a free shot.

The big Costume Party is Friday night with great live music, games, prizes and giveaways. George’s August Brew will rock Diamond’s Halloween-y stage for the second year in a row after Orion’s Room’s original acoustic rock opens the show. George’s August Brew incorporates hip-hop, bluegrass, jazz and much more into their set so no matter what genre of music you prefer, they will appeal to you.

While dancing to the sweet sax riffs and funky guitar grooves, you can enjoy $1 Witch’s Brew shots, the traditional favorite Blue Tarantula Margaritas and $4.25 Long Islands that taste like candy, hand-poured with lots of liquor and a Jolly Rancher-esque flavor rush.

Several spooky activities Bill Crawford, promotions manager, mentioned are the costume contest (which has three categories: “best overall,” “most original” and “sexiest”), a limbo contest and beer bobbing. Prizes of all kinds will go to the winners including; gift certificates from Tyme Tattoo, CD packs from Planet Radio 99.9 FM and stuff from the Wright Life. T-shirts and buttons from Miller Genuine Draft and Diamond’s are sure to keep the free give-away spirit of Halloween alive.

“The Halloween Party last year was great, and this year it’ll be even better,” Crawford said.

Saturday night at Diamonds’ Sad Star Caf/ opens for You Call That Art?!? with their high-energy rock. You Call That ART?!?, a group of four fun-loving Colorado guys – two of which graduated from CSU, will stimulate your senses and influence you to get your groove on. The three guys from Fort Collins and their singer, Severin, from Denver bring their hard-pop music to Diamond’s for an exciting show.

You Call That Art?!?, the winners of the 2000 Scene Magazine Battle of the Bands at Linden’s, have been touring up and down the Front Range from Casper, Wyo. to Colorado Springs. Their first CD 01.01.01 is available at many local CD stores and combines the “melody of Jimmy Eat World with the energy of Chili Peppers funk,” according to guitarist John Furste.

The group promises an “Interactive sing-a-long with dollar bills waving, people dancing and getting on stage with the band.” The show is 21+, with a $2 cover.