Authors: Rebecca Lapole

“You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips…” Ah, the soothing sounds of old classics with new voices crooning them. What could be better? How about cheap drinks and free cover with great music? Sound too good to be true? Well, awaken from Dreamland, because Fort Collins has a great karaoke scene ready for you to explore.

Along with many cities across the world, Fort Collins’ karaoke scene is rapidly growing. You can walk into The Elbow Room in NYC and catch P. Diddy singing karaoke. While celebrities don’t frequent the Fort Collins bars, you can still have fun and be famous in front of your friends.

Check out the great offers at the top 3-karaoke spots in Fort Collins.

Diamond’s has Kolorado Karaoke on Monday nights with no cover, free shots and a huge playlist of songs to choose from. Thursday nights reign with their Karaoke Kontest that ends tonight! Be one of the first 8 people to sign up at 9 p.m. tonight and gain a chance to win cash and gift certificates. The judging is done by local sponsors such as Scene Magazine and Planet Radio 99.9, and the judges score who wins based on five categories: difficulty of song, originality of song, performance, stage presence, and audience response. The competition begins at 10 p.m. and ends usually close to 11 p.m. The winner of the evening will receive a $10 gift certificate from Finest CDs, Tapes and LPs and be in the final competition next Thursday, Oct. 24.

The 8 finalists from the last 8 weeks will compete for a first prize of $300 cash, second prize of $100 cash and a $50 gift certificate, and third prize of a $50 gift certificate. $5.50 Double Gold Margaritas and $2.75 Easy Street beer keep everyone satisfied while local unknowns entertain. Diamond’s gets packed quickly for karaoke, so don’t miss your chance to be a star and win some money!

Pitcher’s rules the karaoke nightlife on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Get in for free and if you are lucky enough to be a lady, drink Easy Street for free until the keg runs out on Tuesday nights. Be sure to get there before 9 p.m., because the place fills up fast. Saturday boasts a late night happy hour which includes $1.50 Coors Lights, $1 Pucker shots and $2 Das Komets.

The Starlight on Sunday nights is a great place to stretch your vocal chords. It’s always free, with cheap Long Islands and a large variety of music you can’t miss this opportunity to shine on a stage where many legends have started (and ended) their journey to fame. The Sunday night karaoke has been running for more than 3 years and has been voted “Best in Fort Collins” in 2001 by the Rocky Mountain Bullhorn. Tom Northberg who MC’s the night, will help find about any tune anybody could want and performs many classics himself. Create your own loyal fan following after blowing everyone away with your knowledge of lyrical classics and performance perfection. Be a part of the fun and create your own music at one or all of the top karaoke spots. Many local celebs show up and sing tunes down there as well. Even the bartenders will get involved. Was Alyssa Milano there last week singing Brittany Spears’ “Hit Me Baby One More Time?” Better go check it out and see if Sarah Michelle Gellar shows up this week.