Authors: Zac Wiggy

The Student Media Department made its annual presentation to the Associated Students of CSU Student Fee Review Board Tuesday.

KCSU, CSU’s radio station, Campus Television and The Collegian each had representatives speak at the meeting, which was intended to give the members of the review board an overview of the department before they decide on funding this spring.

Student media serves two roles, informing and entertaining members of the CSU community while giving students a chance to gain experience in media.

KCSU broadcasts at 90.5 FM.

“(KCSU plays) a unique music format designed by the student management to appeal to the tastes of the CSU and Fort Collins community,” according to the station’s Web site.

The station also airs news, specialty programs and public service announcements relevant to the CSU community.

CTV is shown on cable channel 25 in Fort Collins from 8 p.m. to midnight. Programming varies from an issue-based debate forum to a music video show.

11,000 copies of The Collegian are printed every day. More than 90 percent of CSU students read The Collegian at least once a week.

While each of the media does have training programs in place, students rely on one another for much of their training.

“They put a lot of time and a lot of energy into training each other,” said Larry Steward, Director and General Manager of the Student Media Department.

Edited by Colleen Buhrer