Martin Bucco, a professor of English, was awarded the Honor Professor of the Year Award. This is a student-selected award honoring professors at CSU. Bucco has been teaching at CSU since 1963.

Two professors, A. Scott Denning, assistant professor of atmospheric science, and Yian Shi, associate professor of chemistry, were named Monfort Professors in September. The Monfort Professors Award is a gift from the Monfort Family Foundation. Each professor will receive $75,000 each year for two years to support innovative teaching and research activities.

Professor David Randall was named an American Geophysical Union Fellow in September. This award is given annually to scientists who have had acknowledged eminence in one or more geophysical science areas.

Members of CSU’s speech and debate teams competed in a tournament at the University of Wyoming on Sept. 20-22. The teams of Cindy Krum and Jessica Strother, Rob Lee and Kimberly Leslie, and Kyle Cheesewright and Steve Siote made it to the octa-finals rounds in Parliamentary Debate. Joe Horan took seventh place overall in Extemporaneous Speaking.

At the Cooperative Extension awards banquet on Sept 26, Courtney Loflin, CSU Cooperative Extension 4-H youth development specialist, was awarded the F.A. Anderson Distinguished Service award.

Nancy Teter, CSU’s Cooperative Extension 4-H youth development administrative assistant in the state office, was given the Meritorious Support Service Award for her contributions to Cooperative Extension during 15 years of service.

The CSU Cooperative Extension 4-H youth development direct in Fort Collins, Doug Steele, was also awarded the Visionary Leadership Recognition Award, at the banquet.

Ann Hall, CSU Cooperative Extension 4-H consumer and family agent in El Paso County, was given the Mid-Career Service Award.

The Earl y Career Service Award was given to Jan Carroll, CSU Cooperative Extension 4-H youth specialist in Fort Collins, for her service to Cooperative Extension.

Robert Salzer, CSU Cooperative Extension La Plata County office director, was given the Distinguished Service award.

Kerrie Badertscher, CSU Cooperative Extension horticulture agent, was honored at the banquet for her work with diverse audiences with the Diversity Award.

Epsilon Sigma Phi gave the Team Award to the Small Acreage Management team of CSU’s Cooperative Extension.

Rollie Deering, Robert Briggs and Jean Hoshiko were given the Friend of Extension award recognizing their support of CSU’s land-grant mission to share research based information and education through Cooperative extension.

Rod Sharp, CSU Cooperative Extension agriculture and business management economist for Colorado’s Western region, received the Distinguished Service Award at the Sept. 26 banquet for his dedication and contributions to the organization and the community he serves.

Congratulations to all of September’s honorees. The Honor’s Column is published by The Collegian once each month. For contributions to the honors column send information to colbuhr@holly.colostate.edu or drop information off in The Collegian newsroom.