Authors: Vince Blaser

A man was shot it the leg and several charges were filed after an altercation outside of the Sunset Jazz Club, 242 Linden Street, on Monday morning.

Stephen Myreon Anderson, a 21-year-old from the Denver area was shot in the leg at approximately 12:50 a.m. Monday, according to a release by Fort Collins Police Services. The shooting occurred after a physical altercation that broke out between many males outside the club. Approximately 500 people were in the area of the shooting when it occurred, said Lt. Karen Carlson of FCPS.

Anderson was taken to Poudre Valley Hospital where he was treated and released. He was then taken to the Larimer County Detention Center where he was charged with disorderly conduct. The man who FCPS said shot Anderson, James Aaron Sudduth Jr., 23, of the Denver area, allegedly was an acquaintance of Anderson. Police said the suspect shot a handgun into the air and one of the shots hit Anderson. He was charged with second-degree assault and disorderly conduct.

Another alleged acquaintance, Virgil Lee Anderson IV, 19, also of the Denver area, was charged with criminal impersonation and disorderly conduct.

The investigation is ongoing and FCPS are trying to identify other people involved in the altercation. No other information was available from FCPS at deadline.

-Edited by Ben Koerselman