Authors: Zac Wiggy

The Associated Students of CSU Student Funding Board unanimously approved funding for all three programs that appeared Thursday.

The Indonesian Student Association, the Environmental Engineering Society and the Chinese Students and Scholars Association all had programs approved. The only organization scheduled to appear before the board that did not receive the requested funding was Action Awareness, as no representative from the group was present.

The Indonesian Student Association received $3,188.46 for their annual Indonesian Night, to take place on Nov. 9. This amount represents 58.2 percent of the event’s cost.

The Environmental Engineering Society received $399.77 to help cover costs associated with bringing Professor Dibakar Bhattacharyya from the University of Kentucky to speak. There was some discussion on whether it was acceptable for the board to fund Bhattacharyya’s four-day stay, even though he was only speaking on one day, but the proposal was passed unanimously.

“We were locked into reservations already,” said Ashley Cramer, senator for the College of Liberal Arts. “The program was worthy.”

Also funded at the meeting was the new student welcome party for the Chinese Students and Scholars association. The group received $463.80, 45.7 percent of the cost of the event.